In some cases, you will want to deactivate a license from a computer (such as moving a license to another computer). To do this, you will need to deactivate your license, which will 'restore' the activation back to the ROBOTC activation server. Once this process is complete, you will be able to use that activation on another ROBOTC for VEX Robotics 4.X installation.
There are two ways to deactivate a license; through the ROBOTC Manage Licenses menu, and through the ROBOTC Customer Service portal.
1) To access the Manage Licenses menu in ROBOTC, open ROBOTC and navigate to the 'Help -> Manage Licenses' menu option.
2) Once the appropriate license is selected from the list, click on the 'Deactivate License' button.
3) A pop up message will ask you to confirm that you wish to deactivate the license from the computer. Click yes to deactivate the license.
1) Navigate to the ROBOTC Customer Service page and log in using your Customer ID and Password.
Customer Service URL: http://robomatter.com/licensing/
2) Select the "Licenses and Activations" icon to view all of the licenses tied to that Customer ID.
3) Click on the license ID that you wish to make changes to.
4) Click on the 'Manage Installations' button at the bottom of the page.
5) The individual activations are identified by their Installation ID. This Installation ID is generated when a ROBOTC installation is activated, and is specific to that computer. To find a computer's Installation ID, open ROBOTC and navigate to the 'Help -> Manage Licenses' menu option. The computer's installation ID will be listed when the appropriate license is selected.
6) Once you know which computer you would like to deactivate, click the red X icon next to the appropriate Installation ID to deactivate ROBOTC from that computer.